Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Way to Kibeho

Saturday 7/6/07

I am sorry that I haven’t been able to call yet today. I hope that you aren’t worried. We left the hotel at 8:30 AM (2:30 AM your timer). Cindy had the phone in the other car. Now we are sitting in traffic about three hours from Kigali. We are coming back from Kibeho where we visited a shrine to the Virgin Mary. She appeared here several occasions beginning in November of 1981. The first visitation was to a worker at a tiny school on a mountain. It’s a long story and I can’t tell it very well but Mary appeared and sent comfort to the people and her message was unconditional love. I need to look up more about it but being here with Immaculee was a moving experience.

The trip was long and cramped. It took about four hours. It wasn’t my choice to do this today. The driving in Rwanda is pretty scary. I was in the car with folks who really don’t buy into Catholicism. Most of the jokes were pretty sacrilegious. Much of the road was bumpy and these trucks have tight shocks that made the secondary roads difficult.

No comments: