Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Group









Tina Robinson, an adventurer with her own brave story to tell.





Tim Van Damm, Immaculee's good friend and agent.

I don’t know most my new friends yet. I’ve known Cindy for a few years, but not well. So, anything I write is an oversimplification. Not dishonest, just surface level impressions. It isn’t my intention to write biographical information about anyone.
Cindy – Bright, full of positive energy, a thinker, organizer, great mom
Brandon – Young, funny, irreverent, on an adventure, college-bound
Portia – Wise, teacher, from NYC, confident, experienced
Nancy – Her husband just broke his hip yesterday. He insisted that she come! Mystical, spiritual, creative, entrepreneur, the jewelry maker
Midori – The bravest of us all according to Cindy. A masseuse, quiet, organized, still waters run deep
Tim – (Immaculee’s agent) Hilarious, honest, a mover and a shaker
We meet Tina (from the Bahamas) in Brussels. I read her blog. She lost her baby tragically. She is a proud mom. A seeker.






Portia Jones a wise and powerful teacher



The money people sent along will make a difference if I can get it into the hands of those who need it. Ruck (my mom) $1,000, Paula (my sister-in-law) $500, Ruthie (my sister) $1,000 ($4,000 more!?). Others on the trip brought clothes, jewelry making supplies, sunglasses, toys, Brandon, his technical expertise, stories to tell. And money of course. I brought my guitar. Who knows how I’ll put it to use?

No comments: