Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Women's Guild










As we were leaving the Women’s guild leaders this morning (Peace, Agness, Peggy, Blandine, Claudine) they were so very proud of their beadwork and seemed extremely appreciative of our help to get themstarted on what may become a profitable enterprise. This was all Nancy’s genius. They blessed us over and over. They insisted that we have a prayer circle before we left yesterday and they prayed for our safe passage, blessings for our families, for our future happiness, that we might return to Rwanda one day, etc. I did feel blessed – and I DO feel blessed.

I was waiting for Joy to stop by the guest house to sign the permission form (for me to use the children’s photographs from Sonrise). I told the women in the Guild that I had to hurry back to the guest house, that Joy said that she would be there in ten minutes. “You don’t understand Rwanda time yet do you?” asked on of the women (Blandine?).

“What do you mean?”

“If Joy said 10 minutes it will be 30 minutes… at least. If she said 30 minutes it will be at least an hour. That’s the way it is in Rwanda.”

No comments: