Sunday, December 16, 2007

Longing

Friday, July 16, 2007 6:30 AM


It’s hard to believe that we have been apart for two weeks. That can’t happen ever again. My longing to be with you has come in waves. Now that I’ll only be Rwanda for another thirty-six hours it is rushing back over me. Knowing that I’ll be getting on a plane tomorrow night heading home to you brings such feelings of relief and joy. Loss too. I can’t explain it but being here with these people in this place… My eyes have been opened. I think – I hope that when I return home I’ll be different. Better. If you can ever manage to read this far I hope that you understand that I have changed. Grown. Not that I will have grown past you in any way. You have always been the kindest, most generous person I have ever known. My hope is that I will be more like you. My hope is that I will be more grateful every day for the many rich blessings in my life. That I will be worthy of the goodness – the God all around me. Most of all worthy of you.


No comments: